Walking a Dog on City Streets
How to protect dog while walking on busy streets??
Walking with your dogs on a busy road is not avoidable. Some or the other day you will have to either cross a road with it or walk up to the nearest grocery store. You know a dog’s nature, whenever it comes across something attractive then it starts running towards that thing. But if this happens on a busy road then it may cause a big blunder on road and it can hurt somebody as well. It is an owner’s responsibility that their pets are not causing any sort of mishaps on roads. For ensuring a smooth walk to the destination along with your dog you must follow some safety tips.
The following tips can help you in protecting your dog on a busy dog.
- Make sure that you have put a belt around his neck and you are holding it from one side. This is very important whenever you out with your dog. Do remember to hold the belt tight. It is important if you buy a belt with a strong grip.
- Whenever you take your dog out on a busy road make sure that there are no other dogs present. Most of the blunders on roads happen when a dog faces another dog and they immediately break into a fight. At this moment you will not be able to handle properly. Thus ensure your dog does not encounter any other dog. If by chance you face such situation then try to hold your dog’s belt tight so that he is not able to run away.
- It’s advised not to let your dog bark or bite anybody on the road. Because on a busy road this might distract the drivers and cause an accident.
- Never let your dog run on busy streets. This will make people around get scared and run.
- Make sure you cross the roads very carefully. While crossing roads you have to take extra precautions. If your dog can come in your hands then hold it tightly and then cross roads.
- When out on a busy road there are chances that you might leave the belt by chance. If you leave the belts at such places then chances are that your dog will go misplace. Thus write the name of the dog, your address and phone number on a small name plate and attach it with the belt around its neck. This will help you find your dog when it goes lost somewhere.
Belt and nameplate of your dog are two most important things. Whenever out you should ensure your dog is accessorized with these two things. All these tips will help you in ensuring the safety of your dog as well as the people around you. Following these tips is very essential because when you are out on such busy places with a dog, you have to ensure safety of everyone around. You must execute these tips while you are out with your dog.
Thank you for reading - Walking a Dog Tips.