Puppy Itching and Dog food allergies?
If you are a dog owner then you must be aware of all the types of allergies a dog suffer from. But if you are unaware with a few like food allergies and its treatments then thus write up will provide you all the information on this niche. It is stated that dog food allergies make up only 10% of all the allergies from which a dog suffers from. In general term a person suffers fro any sort of allergy when his body comes in contact with some or the other irritants. Similar is the case with dogs. In case of dog food allergies, these allergies affects a dog when it consumes something which contains some components which does not suits the body and triggers a different reaction in the body. The following are the symptoms which will help you in identifying and differentiation of the allergies and perhaps puppy itching.
- Scratching, licking and itching in most parts of the body are the most common symptom of dog food allergies.
- Development of hot spots.
- Redness, patches, scales, rashes are also very common.
- Your dog will keep rubbing your face, ear. Sustained rubbing of these areas indicates food allergies in dogs.
- If your dog shakes head a persistently then it is a positive indicator of a dog allergy.
- Problems in digestion and breathing are the two main indicative symptoms of dog food allergy.
- Chronic infections in ear, eye irritations and inflammations are also the symptoms of dog allergies.
- Behavioral outburst and hyper activities.
Now after understanding the symptoms of puppy food allergies, it is very important for you to understand the irritants which trigger these allergies in a dog. If you want to know these allergens then read on.
An allergy can be triggered by any thing present in the surrounding which does not suit a body type. But in specific case of dog food allergy the following products are the most common and potent things for triggering allergy in a dog. They are as followed:
- Beef and its products can cause food allergy in dogs.
- Products of milk or in short dairy products are also potent in causing allergy in a dog.
- Chicken can also trigger allergic mechanisms in a dog’s body.
- Yeast, wheat, preservatives are also potent of dogs allergies.
This list cannot be specified because different food products or components trigger different allergic mechanisms in different dogs. But in general these are the products which cause dog food allergies.
If you notice the symptoms mentioned in this write up then immediately contact your dog’s doctor. He will perform the required tests and will start its medication accordingly. Dog food allergies can vary with dogs and their breeds. Like the breeds which suffer from dog allergies the most are Terriers, Bulldogs, Schnauzers, Labrador retrievers and golden retrievers.
Once you have found which food products triggers allergies in your dog then avoid bringing them to your dog and feeding it with them.
End of dog food allergies.